• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Master Cylinder

Dispatcher7

According to the TM's the original part number is 2232073. Is their a source to buy one? Cross reference to a parts store part? From what I am reading it should be DOT 5 brake fluid, is that right?

Thanks

cucvrus

I have bought the master cylinder from an auto parts store and used DOT 5 in it. I never had any issues. I did it many times. I keep the DOT 5 in the system because it is there now and worked all these years. No other reason. I use power steering fluid in the power steering regardless that the lube order says ATF is good. Do as you wish. I a simple man. Good Luck.

Jeepadict

I sourced a CUCV master cylinder and booster last year to upgrade my K25. Zero difference in parts from over the counter in a similar era Squarebody (78-86). GM always calls for DOT-3 in the Civvy trucks, so that's what I stick with. In contrast with the power steering, I've had better behavior with ATF...even tho it's arguably the same fluid minus the red coloration...hydraulic fluid is hydraulic fluid for a large percentage of systems.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both atf and power steering fluid are similar as hydraulic fluid. However atf has detergents and friction modifiers added that the automatic transmission requires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks