• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Non "HD" Transmission Case

Zadvark

Had a transmission pulled from a 1984 M1009 which did not have the "HD" embossed on the casing. As I did not receive this vehicle directly from DRMO I would think is possible that it had been swapped previously but it does appear to be the original transmission. Was the "HD" marking done later on?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some had it some did not. I'm sure someone else will chime in that knows more specific info.

cucvrus

Some had it some did not. I'm sure someone else will chime in that knows more specific info.
I have seen them both ways. It means nothing. I would think the torque rods would have been the thing to add if anything at all. I am really surprised that these do not have them rods. I had 305 1/2 ton Chevrolet trucks and they had the torque rods. Big HD 5/4 and they skipped them on the vehicle. Would have saved about $5. each at the build time.

rustystud

There are several "numbers" that all mean the case is heavy duty. The numbers 39 to 45 all mean heavy duty. If the case is not heavy duty you will see it very plainly at the case flange (mounts to engine block) . There will be three holes drilled for bolts on each side of the case for the heavy duty aluminum torque convertor cover to bolt to.

Attachments

Zadvark

LOL... As always, Rusty to the rescue. You know man, at some point we're going to require you to download your brain and getting some fingernail clippings for your clone that SS is going to finance.

Thanks for you clear and concise answer.

rustystud

LOL... As always, Rusty to the rescue. You know man, at some point we're going to require you to download your brain and getting some fingernail clippings for your clone that SS is going to finance.

Thanks for you clear and concise answer.
Your welcome. It's nice to have people appreciate what you have spent a lifetime learning. If only my son would show the slightest interest in anything mechanical. If it's not a video game he does not want to be bothered with it. In fact my wife had a "sit down" conversation with me about all my tools. Since my son has shown no interest at all in learning mechanics of any kind maybe I should sell all those "old" tools of mine ! She flat out told me since I'm older then her I will go first and she plans on selling all my tools and shop manuals and trucks ! Maybe it's not to late to look into adoption .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks