• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 transmission kickdown switch

M1009Kev

I noticed that the kickdown switch at the throttle pedal isn't being engaged, even at full throttle.
It moves freely by hand though.

What is the proper adjustment for that switch?

Thanks,
Kevin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

M1009Kev

I'm beginning to wonder if the throttle pedal is moving at full travel or not.
I'm hoping that someone on here could give me some insight as to how far the pedal is supposed to travel.

Keith_J

Switch needs to be engaged at full throttle. It forces a downshift if allowed per engine speed and gear. Plus it increases hydraulic pressure to fully engage clutches.

M1009Kev

Try posting a pic or two, I'm trying to figure out what switch you're talking about.
Here is a stock photo of one. I broke mine taking it apart to see if I could adjust it. It is located on the go pedal bracket under the dashboard. At full throttle, the metal bar of the pedal assembly barely touched the switch. The throttle would have needed to travel about another 3.4 inch in order to engage the switch and allow it to make electrical contact.
th400 switch.jpg

cucvrus

I have a few of them switches. Send me an address I will send you one. An OEM take off. I never had one fail. Make sure the Orange wire is plugged into the transmission. And make sure it has continuity. I had more than one that the wire was disconnected and one or 2 that had no wire. It was cut off. One genius ran a ground wire to the switch from the frame. ????? 40 years of Hacking has paid it's toll on the poor CUCV fleet. Keep hacking. It just makes the originals worth more.

M1009Kev

I have a few of them switches. Send me an address I will send you one. An OEM take off. I never had one fail. Make sure the Orange wire is plugged into the transmission. And make sure it has continuity. I had more than one that the wire was disconnected and one or 2 that had no wire. It was cut off. One genius ran a ground wire to the switch from the frame. ????? 40 years of Hacking has paid it's toll on the poor CUCV fleet. Keep hacking. It just makes the originals worth more.
Thank you sir! I sent you a DM.

M1009Kev

I installed one of CUCVRUS' kickdown switches in place of mine that I broke (thank you CUCVRUS!)

My throttle bar still doesn't make contact, or just barely, with the switch's peg, and I know that it's mounted correctly. So, I think that the throttle either isn't able to move at full travel or that the throttle bar is bent or out of adjustment.

I have a suspicion that it could be an incorrect or too tight of a throttle cable that possibly a PO may have installed. But, I don't know that for sure. At least two other people have owned it before me.

Both pics are showing the throttle fully depressed.

Attachments

cucvrus

In lieu of placing a rubber hose on the peg of the switch we could all learn the real cause of the issue. If it is a throttle cable lets correct that issue. If it is the accelerator pedal lets replace it with the correct one. Putting makeshift repairs and add on parts does not correctly resolve the issue. I see makeshift/half fast repairs on vehicles all the time. I have the correct parts. I put on the correct parts. Reverse engineering. The fact that I have the parts is not the reason I suggest that you replace parts. I can keep the parts and you can add a hose and wonder what the problem is. Send me a PM and I can get you what you need. Let's see the other end of the cable where it attaches to the injection pump. Good Luck.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In lieu of placing a rubber hose on the peg of the switch we could all learn the real cause of the issue. If it is a throttle cable lets correct that issue. If it is the accelerator pedal lets replace it with the correct one. Putting makeshift repairs and add on parts does not correctly resolve the issue. I see makeshift/half fast repairs on vehicles all the time. I have the correct parts. I put on the correct parts. Reverse engineering. The fact that I have the parts is not the reason I suggest that you replace parts. I can keep the parts and you can add a hose and wonder what the problem is. Send me a PM and I can get you what you need. Let's see the other end of the cable where it attaches to the injection pump. Good Luck.
thats-brilliant-zl0ex4.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks