• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 u-joints

maritimer

ok so i am ready to put the new trans up and relized i need u-joints on both ends of the rear driveshaft.
now the las ttime i went to napa, they gave me to of the same joint, and for some reason the transmission side fit no problem, but the pinion or axle end, was a differnt odd ball joint, the driveshaft side was one size of cap/ear, while the axle side was a smaller wiered one, and well i aint got a part number and i dotn wanna have to run into the same problem again buyin a joint i dotn need lol and then re buying another one. so has anyone got the u-joint part number for the reaxr axle-driveshaft ?

Bighorn

Spicer 5-795x
Your yoke could be worn.
I worked at driveline service San Jose for 2 years.
We saw all kind of worn out pinion yokes.
It happens. The ujoint should fit tight in the yoke even before the straps/u-bolts are tightened.
If it does not fit snug and there is any play side to side; replace the yoke.
"Inside clip"
aliases;
AKA 3R
AKA S44

Assuming you have a stock yoke on your corp 10 bolt.
Other possibilities
Variants:
3R u-joint 5-795x inside c-clip.
3R by 1330 u-joint 5-793x c-clip x outside clip
3R by 1310 u-joint Neapco3-2130 hd c-clip x outside clip 1310 style

Last edited:

Volvo740turbo

Spicer 5-795x
Your yoke could be worn.
I worked at driveline service San Jose for 2 years.
We saw all kind of worn out pinion yokes.
It happens. The ujoint should fit tight in the yoke even before the straps/u-bolts are tightened.
If it does not fit snug and there is any play side to side; replace the yoke.
"Inside clip"
aliases;
AKA 3R
AKA S44

Assuming you have a stock yoke on your corp 10 bolt.
Other possibilities
Variants:
3R u-joint 5-795x inside c-clip.
3R by 1330 u-joint 5-793x c-clip x outside clip
3R by 1310 u-joint Neapco3-2130 hd c-clip x outside clip 1310 style
Are the caps equal diameter on the spicer u joint do you know? It appears the caps on the yoke should be larger than the driveshaft side

Bighorn

Yes, they are equal.
The Spicer 5-795 ujoint is a gm 3R and it fits the stock driveshaft and pinion yoke.
The only other inside clip style yokes are Dodge 7260 or 7290.
Definitely call your driveshaft man for second opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks