• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101 cover

Nick

I have found a cover for my 101, but it's the rubber or plastic or whatever it is. Its military issue, but not canvass.

Does anyone have one of these? Are they better or worse than canvass? How durable are they?

Thanks

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think they are much better than canvass, ie no dry rot and seem to hold up to the uv better. also rodents don't like to make nests in them. If it doesn't have the heat sealed seams coat the inside seams with tent seam sealer.2cents

Barrman

One of my M105's I picked up from GL had a top of this material and it was tore up pretty bad. 2 bottle of the glue Gimpy recommended, part of a bad inner tube and some patience later the top is on the trailer, doesn't leak and stands up to 50 mph trips down the road.

Nick

Ok, thanks. What is the measurements of it? Now the guy isn't positive its for a 101. He said its roughly 6' by 8'. All the box said on it was "trailer" according to him. I'd really like to get it but wanna make sure it will fit first.

Barrman

6'x8' sound more like a M105 to me. Ask him what size rims/tires are on it and how many lug nuts.

16", 16.5" 5 or 8 lug rims is a 101.

20" 6 lug rims is a M105.

Of course, it could be one of about 30 variants to the two main families listed above also.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
PlioBond. Great stuff!

YES! For $35 bucks, if it doesn't work, I'll buy it from you. If he has a second one please let me know.

Orionspath

I know first hand HOW NICE these vinyl tops are! Sign me up as well! I certainly would pay that price + Shipping for a top like this regardless of size (M101 or M105)
Pete

Barrman

I got the Pliobond at my local Ace hardware. Just to be part of the group, I will put myself in line for a $35.00 top as well. I don't care which trailer it fits since I have some of each.

ida34

6'x8' sound more like a M105 to me. Ask him what size rims/tires are on it and how many lug nuts.

16", 16.5" 5 or 8 lug rims is a 101.

20" 6 lug rims is a M105.

Of course, it could be one of about 30 variants to the two main families listed above also.

6x8 is about right for an M101. Below is the data from the -10. I don't think the M105 is much larger than the M101. It just has a larger weight capacity and the side boards are higher.

Cargo Body (New Style) (M101A2 and M101A3):
Length.........................................................................................................................100 in. (254 cm)
Width ..........................................................................................................................73.5 in. (186.69 cm)
Height .........................................................................................................................19.84 in. (50.39 cm)

Nick

Well wouldnt ya know!!! I buy the cover we've been talking about, and the next day a confirmed 101 cover comes up on ebay.... if anyone is interested search m101 trailer and it will be there... $120 right now.. I SURE HOPE MINE WORKS!!!!!!!!

Nick

Well I got the cover and put it on, less the cross wood on the bows.... IT FITS!! So its the right one..and as complete as a new one. all straps and ties ropes are there. I am one happy camper!! Now I just gotta wait for the local sawmill to finish the oak for all the gates and the cross bows.

and i agree, I think im gonna like the green rubberized stuff better than canvass

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks