• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101/M116/CUCV Rim with 'Scalloped' Hub?

SteveKuhn

I've been offered a rim/tire from a '98 Chevy 2500 series. It's 16" w/ 8 lugs on 6 1/2" centers but the hub is - for lack of a better word 'scalloped', not round. I'm going to try to mount it this weekend to see if it matches up.

I thought I'd inquire here if anyone has run into one of these before and knows offhand whether they fit and center or not. I've heard that 8 on 6.5 can be off as much as an 1/8".

You can't really see it clearly on photos of the actual one I talking about, but it's clear on this photo of a replacement rim. Notice that it's flat inboard of the bolt holes.

BTW, I mounted an LT255 on the trailer last weekend and it just fits inside the fender lip on either the A2 or A3. I have my doubts about the 265 on this rim.

Thanks.

Steve

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The single wheels are lugcentric. The tapered seats and lugnuts will keep it all straight. I have ford rims on my M1010 and they have a huge center hole. The Duallys are hubcentric.

harleyhouse

They will fit.
I run them on my 2002 GMC 2500hd as winter wheels.
The center bore is tighter to the hub and I grease it well so I can get them off in the spring.
The scalloped center rust welds to the hub with the snow salt in Pittsburgh.

I run the five spoke GM wheels on the trailer and they fit better.

SteveKuhn

Thanks. Those are the responses I was looking for. I knew that the lugs would center the wheel but I was questioning centering on the hub itself. With this information, it won't be such a crap shoot pulling a tire to give it a try.

Recovery4x4, what year/model Ford rims are you using?

Thanks.

Steve