• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Alternator Case Mount/Size?

chevymike

Hi all,

I have been doing searches to find out this info but everything I find about alternator sizes relates to M1008/1009's and M1010 are completely different beasts.

From my research online and looking at pictures, it "seems" that M1010 alts are what is known as a J180 mount/size but I have not been able to confirm this is what size the 1010's have.

Does anyone know if the 1010 alt is a J180 type mount/size?

chevymike

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for finding that info. I am still learning on how to use the TM's, not having any military background so it can be hard to find the info for a newbie. :confused:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Thanks a bunch for finding that info. I am still learning on how to use the TM's, not having any military background so it can be hard to find the info for a newbie. :confused:
I have zero miltary experience.

I just look at the parts manuals, find the picture of what I need and then look at the parts numbers. At the back of the parts manual is a cross listing of the NSN (National Stock Number).

Take that NSN and the Google it.

lavarok

Interesting how much two of these sold for at a past GL auction. I was watching this as it would have been great to put my M1010 back to 24v, but $500 after buyers fee.

2850 - Gasoline Rotary Engines & Components at Government Liquidation
While those alts would have worked, they are 65 amp vs the 4629JA which is 100amp.

I've bought spares for my M1010 on ebay then had them checked/rebuilt for under $100 each (all in). Same thing with sure power battery equalizers. I have two 52210 spares should I ever need them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks