• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 diesel box heater

Carolina1010

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone is currently running, or has run before the diesel air heater in the rear box on a 1010...... I tried searching but didn't really find anything other then a few mentions on the arctic coolant heater.
Not really looking any in depth technical stuff yet, just wondering.........
Can I bake bread back there if I wanted?
Can I turn it down low enough to maintain comfort or will I need to crack windows?
Does it sip fuel, or drink it by the gallons?
Is it loud and obnoxious or rather easy to deal with?
Easy to maintain or require constant maintenance?

When I looked at the ol' girl I didn't even realize she had a rear heater, my Initial thoughts were leaning towards a chinese park heater (webasto clone)
The PO had removed the heater to use the space for an outside grill area, he was going to make a fishing rig out of her for the outer banks, lol, im soooo glad his ol' lady put an end to that, lol
He removed the heater intact with idea it might one day go back in, and it was part of sale, and I would love to get it back in there and fired back up.
But my main concern is I will be using the rig to sleep in during a layover for my work, so I can't have a jet engine running next to me....

Any and all advice and experience stories welcomed, thanks a lot !

Bruce

chevymike

That heater, from what I hear will cook you out. The main problem is, it's 24 volt and power hungry. You will need to have the truck running to use this.

Cut your losses, if you can even get it running (I have two of them, never gotten either to work). Go with an aftermarket one, which will be much better from a power wise, fuel wise and much simpler to troubleshoot.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried multiple times to fire mine till it pee'd diesel all over the compartment. I just fired my Planar heater a couple days ago and I am very happy with it!! Recovered a good amount of storage space as well!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks