• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Spare Tire Mount/Carrier

JohnnyP11B

Good morning all -

I am trying to find a mounting solution for my M101A2 spare tires (235/85/16) mounted on 8 lug Dodge rims.

Most everything I’ve found is designed for 4 or 5 lug tires.

Any suggestions?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I simply have mine standing upright in the back facing the side inbetween the wheel well and back with a ratchet strap to the side and through the tire. Takes up minimal space.

Others have used tire winch mounts from pick ups or suv's and made a frame underneath to hold it under the bed and winch down when needed like my Durango or Tahoe use the same system. Easy to pull from a junkyard for minimal $

PsycoBob

Bit of a necro-post, but I found a RV trailer tire mount/hoist, designed to adjust for different frame width. Amazon shows it as unavailable sometimes, but the idea is good.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can find the spare carrier from the M37 you will be all set. I have one and it works great.

Mark

images (16).jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks