• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 surge brakes

Stagg

What exactly do the surge brakes look like? I've been eying M101 trailers for a while now, and its starting to bug me, that I can't pick out the difference other than looking at the wheels.

Is it related to the boxes on the hitch? Like the one pictured below. Or are they some sort of do-hickey on the axle?

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nifty. Anyone know what the going rate is for a NOS surge box is? I have one in my garage and didn't know what it was for.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last I heard they were only worth about $5... Basically, if you pay the shipping, I'll take it off your hands... ;)

Barrman

I saw your picture and thought "That is the trailer I won last Thursday!" turns out, it is real close but looking at the duct tape patterns, I don't think so. See below.

I bought an ugly rusty trailer because it has the brake with a shiny cap. Hopefully, that means maintenance was done and the brakes work rather than the cap got lost and they put a new one on to hold the rust in.

But, A1 to A2 id is the brake master, 8 lug rims and probably big composite tail lights on the A2. With just a frame on the front and 5 lug rims on the A1

A2 to A3 id gets more complicated because the only difference I can figure out between them is the offset hub to the axle and maybe the rim type, but not the lug count.

Hmm, I can't get the picture from GL to load. Oh well, it looks real close to the one posted above with the same markings and numbers.

I realized it was a bmp type picture and not thinking of a better way to convert it, I loaded it up to imageshack and then saved what they gave me which is ok for posting here.

Attachments

Stagg

thanks guys.

As for that picture, its a trailer that just sold today on GL... but not to me :?
I had the picture saved already so it went up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks