• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 w/ no idle

omega231

As the title suggests Ive got myself a M1028 that will not idle.

The truck has not seen much or any use over the last three years. After ensuring that the starter relay wouldnt lock up and fry all the wiring in the truck, we attempted to start it. The truck will crank and turn over, but as soon as you release the starter it dies.

I havent found anything on the topic of no idling, so Id appreciate any addvice on the subject or a point to another thread if there is one.

Thanks much.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds to me the fuel pump is out or the fuel filter is plugged. I would change the filter first then try again. This is a simple process of elimination.2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the idle stop solenoid functioning?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a good call Dog. What is that a $60.00 part, and hopefully the problems solved. Its easy to diagnose with a Wiggins. Put power to it and check it. Any GM dealership would have it.

omega231

managed to get the truck to idle for a bit last wednsday. there are several rubber lines that have deteriorated beyond repair (a single touch and they fell apart).

there is also a few leaks on the injector pump. one at the bottom most distribution line and one somewhere on the bottom of the pump (or at least i think there is, its possible the first one is the whole problem).

are there any seals that would need replacing on an injector pump?

Barrman

There are seals on the throttle shaft that can be replaced. However, if those seals are shot and your fuel lines are shot. Chances are the inside of the pump which is the same age is also shot. You will be time, money and frustration ahead by just getting a new IP, replacing every rubber hose you can find on the truck and then driving happy for the next 15 years before you have to do it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks