• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A1 With M887 Contract Maint. Body

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat vehicle Mike, just as I pictured it. The manuals for the Contact maintenance set are up on Steel Soldiers. Look for manuals starting with TM 9-4940. There are 2 manuals on there for the shop set. Wish it were mine!

Towerguy1

The body conversion appears to have been done by the military. I have found a few clues that lead to this but still doing a little research. The body is slightly different than the M1031 Chassis With the Contract Maint. body. and it has the Hobart 4 KW Generator/Welder (gas driven) instead of the PTO driven one.

Towerguy1

Yes it is the "older" body. It appears as the M887's left service some of the bodys were reconditioned and installed on the M1028A1's about the time some of them were being refitted as M1028A2's. The good news is the upgraded transfer case was installed (pto capable) but not used to power the genreator.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cool truck Mike. It's amazing how these trucks follow us home all the time :D What kind of goodies were left in the box besides the genset/welder unit?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen these amalga-machines every once in a while with M880 parts and M1008 series parts. There's a M880 with the maintenance body up at Colemans surplus in PA with a welded-on front bumper and brushguard off a M1009, done at the depot. Your rig, Towerguy, looks like a great work rig and hope to see it all done up and repainted when complete!

Towerguy1

M1028A1

SS not to many goodies, but the aircompressor, portable work lamps, and a nice set of strobes with controller. Mostly they left grease..... lots of grease all over the inside of the body!!!

Hopfully this summer it will get cleaned up and some green paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks