• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 genset, how much power is needed to run

ODdave

Just as the title says, how much horsepower dose the 12kw head require to run at full load? I am looking to use an auxiliary engine to power the unit but don't want to over power and waste fuel or under power for obvious reasons. Thanks guys.

ODdave

Thanks. I have a Kubota that is rated at 20.5 hp. The only trouble I am having with it is believing it actually makes 20hp. Tag says its a D722e .719L 15.3kw. Only everything I come up with is that it should be a 3cyl, not a 2cyl. I want to make sure it will have enough power before going through the work of mating them.

phil2968

Double the kw number and that is the HP needed. You could run it with less but 24hp for 12 kw. Also be mindful of the generator rpm. Some engines make less HP @ 1800rpm if that is what the generator is.

Triple Jim

I agree that the D722-E is a three cylinder engine. Also in the specs I found, it's rated around 18 hp at 3600 rpm. If the generator you have needs to be turned at 1800, that engine won't even come close to handling the job unless you use something like belts and pulleys so the engine can run 3600 rpm. The rating for the engine at 2050 rpm is 10.2 hp. But if your engine has only two cylinders, I guess you need to figure out what it really is before you continue.

ODdave

If I knew how to up load pics from a phone I would share them. It's weird because the tag is on the valve cover, which only fits a 2cyl.

storeman

Sounds like you need a MEP-003a engine if it is a 1800 rpm generator. There are a couple of members nearer to you who have/had some. Maybe one will chime in.
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks