• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Axles......Value?

Josh

I had 3 105 axles i was planing on using for a trailer project. But last night someone decited they wanted all the master cyclinders, and the small pile of iron I had been saving up for the trailer. Also snagged my 105a3 trailer tongue I had. They took everything but the axles. They tried, But it looked like they coundnt budget them except for a few feet. So now instead of trying ti rebuild it, I just want to disppose of the axles. Do these things have any value to anyone other then scrap? They are complete Hub to hub, with springs still attached. Im planing on at least saving the springs cause Im sure someone might want them for a bob job. But is it worth saving the ubolts and all that? Id much rather just cut them and make my life easyer. But If the springs are worthless with out the ubolts or something, Id take the time to dismantle them. I have the feeling one way or another, these things are going to end up in a scap yard, I just figured Id rather be the one getting payed for em. Ill snap a picture or 2 of them later, But I wana check to mmake sure someone doesnt need anything before they go get chopped up.

They cut a hole in my fence to get the other parts, so it wouldnt supprise me if these guys come back in a few days with a winch or something to get the axles. So if yall need anything off them, klet me know asap.

amaverick88

Sorry to hearabout the break in and stolen goods. I would think they would just be scrap value. As for the ubolts the rockwells would have square bottoms as opposed to the round bottoms. I haven't looked at a 105 in a while so I can't say if it fast square or round ubolts.

flyxpl

I am sure your stuff is at the scrap yard , if you got thier soon you may be able to find it .

Last edited:

5ton4ever

Time for security cameras, or a junkyard dog. Scrap prices are up again and the theives are working overtime everywhere. Sorry to hear about your loss.:evil: Check your local steel buying facility, in Ca. they have to provide a drivers license when they sell scrap. Even for steel.

Josh

There is 7 Massive scrap yards with in 2 miles of my house. Chances are they are alrdy shredded, and at this point its not worth the effort. The stuff has been sitting there for over a year with out being disturbed. At this point, Id rather just see the axles go to someones use ( or even some of the parts). Im just trying to see if anything on them is worth keeping vs just hauling to the yard.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. Awhile ago thieves were stripping copper and aluminum. Its so bad now that they're stealing steel. A year or two ago I'm not sure I would have believed scrap steel would be worth the effort to steal it. Watch your trucks. I'm surprised we haven't heard of some sh*tbag stealing one of our trucks to send to the scrapper.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. Awhile ago thieves were stripping copper and aluminum. Its so bad now that they're stealing steel. A year or two ago I'm not sure I would have believed scrap steel would be worth the effort to steal it. Watch your trucks. I'm surprised we haven't heard of some sh*tbag stealing one of our trucks to send to the scrapper.
I can only speak for Texas, but here you have to have the title to scrap a vehicle. They are very stern about it as they have to document and turn in the plates to the DMV. I'm sure the scrapper would call the authorities if some joe-smo came in with a military truck and no papers (assuming the scrapper is honest). I'd at least hope so..

Sorry to hear about that Josh.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With GL trailers going for $150, I wouldn't think the axles would be worth much. I'd save the springs though. They will bring a couple of hundred for somebody doing a bob job.

They are required to show DL at the scrap yard here in TN also. There are a couple of yards that don't do it though and the authorities won't do anything about it :mad:. There are a few honest scrap yards but most of them just look the other way and hand cash out the window.

Last edited:

KsM715

They cut a hole in my fence to get the other parts, so it wouldnt supprise me if these guys come back in a few days with a winch or something to get the axles. So if yall need anything off them, klet me know asap.

Think its time to spend a few nights "camping" in the back yard, mdmorgan style.

Josh

Eh. Id rather sleep in my bed then worry about the axles dissappearing. Tbh I appriate all of the ideas on how to keep stuff from getting stolen, But not what I'm asking for right now. I just need to know if there is anything on theses axles (other then the springs) worth saving? If not, Im cutting the axles up tomorrow so I can haul them off.

Unforgiven

If you decide to dismantle instead of chop, then I'll certainly take some of your U-bolts + nuts. My U-bolts are so rusty they look like they were salvaged from the Titanic.

Josh

I have about 60 lug nuts. 30ish lefts, 30ish rights, So if any one needs the Lug nuts.

Unforgiven. I can definatly try to dissassemble one of the suspention packs with out the gas axe for ya. Do you just need 1 set? or how many ya need?

Unforgiven

Unforgiven. I can definatly try to dissassemble one of the suspention packs with out the gas axe for ya. Do you just need 1 set? or how many ya need?
I need one complete set. That would be four U-bolts + the nuts. I only have one trailer, but all the U-bolts are toast.

My trailer is in great shape except for those bolts. I think it was forded repeatedly to create such significant rust.

When you get around to it, PM me. Let me know how much for your time + shipping. No rush. It's one of the many "In the future I plan to replace those ___" projects (fill in the blank with appropriate noun).

Josh

Well I was able to get 2 of the 4 cut up today, then I ran outa acetylene. 1 Of the set of Ubolts looks to be in good shape, Ill try and get them off tomorrow. And Varyag, I found another 2 dozen lugnuts, So just tell me how many lefties and righties ya need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks