• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 trailer

onegmjack

Looking to buy trailer for my Deuce. I seen on here before but couldn't
locate the thread. Which maker makes the best trailer?Or are they all about the same.Which is the best Stevens,Johnson,Checker Cab,Eastern Tank,Turtle Mt,Kaser,Kasel?Can anyone put them in a list best to worse.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are all about the same. Since there are a mess of them out there now, do some shopping and don't just snap up the first one you come across...unless it is a smokin' deal! Look at them carefully. Look at the trailer cords to make sure they aren't cut up, look at the air line (s), the late ones have a "service" and an "emergency" gladhand, to make sure of the same. Look carefully at the tongue/lunette area. 90% of the trailers are bent there, they will jacknife easily and that is where the damage occurs. Make sure the e-brakes work, if they do, at least you'll know that that the shoes and backing plate parts aren't rusted solid. Crawl under it and pull the M/C lid off, see if there is fluid in it. If there is, see if you can pull it with the deuce. Do a few quick stops and see if the drums warm up. If not and the e-brakes work, wheel cyls and M/C's are easy fixes. It's kinda like buying your truck, they need inspections to see what's wrong.

Must have items are, the crank up landing gear and the rear fold down leg. And a title

Alot of the trailers have been overhauled/repaired, so they are somewhat of a hodgepodge of parts.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kasel, Turtle Mountain,, and Pribbs were the last contractors to make the M105A2's.. Pribbs last making them in the late 90's. My 1987 M105A2 is a Turtle, and Kasel made them in the early 80's. Those manufacturers SHOULD have the latest stuff, like 2 air lines, crank up landing gear, ect.

Stevens, Johnson, Checker, etc were all early (like 1950's-70's) manufactures.

That being said, the trailers are all pretty much the same except for the air and gear. I HIGHLY suggest the later models with those upgrades for saftey and easy of use.. Try hooking up a non crank up landing gear M105, and you'll see why..
Check here for more info.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/42557-m105-big-wheel-vs-small-wheel-landing-gear.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks