• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061A1 brake chamber

jimmcld

Can anyone give me a part number, or a supplier, for a M1061A1 brake air chamber? When I picked up my trailer, one of the air chambers was missing. I can't find a number and the local truck parts dealer hasn't been able to match it with anything. I'm also missing a spare tire and wheel. These trailers are the only place I have seen these wheels. Are there any available anywhere?

Jim

Nonotagain

Can anyone give me a part number, or a supplier, for a M1061A1 brake air chamber? When I picked up my trailer, one of the air chambers was missing. I can't find a number and the local truck parts dealer hasn't been able to match it with anything. I'm also missing a spare tire and wheel. These trailers are the only place I have seen these wheels. Are there any available anywhere?

Jim
The bolster trailer uses the same tire/wheel combination as the M1061a1.

As for the air chamber, the TM lists A298320 as the part number and the CAGE code is listed to Winger Mfg. 641-683-1855

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked up the diaphram to these brake chambers and they appear to have the same diaphragm part number, N-2340. The part number for the brake chamber assembly is the same with the M105A2.

Just for kicks, i looked up to see if the master cylinders were the same for both and they do have different part numbers. The part number for the M1061 was FE14240, and the part number for the M105A2 master cylinder is 8357980. I was thinking they would all be the same and when I looked into it more, the NSN for both part numbers is 2530-00-204-4800. So they are the same master cylinder.

I did a lot of leg work and I found the part number for the Diaphragm. This will fit the M105A2 brake chamber and fit the M1061 Brake Chamber. The (diaphragm only) part number is Bendix 201271. They can be found on a popular auction site.

UPDATE:

So I screwed up. The brake chamber diaphragms are the correct ones but that was not the cause of my air leak. The bolts around the break chamber (16 bolts I believe) were not as tight as they should be and I tightened them up. Air leak fixed. So before you blame the diaphragm, check your bolts to make sure they are tight.

UPDATE #2:

I tried tightening the other air chamber on the trailer and it still leaked, so i just changed the
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]diaphragm. When I did it still leaked. Long story short, i think there can be a method to installing these things, similar to how you install a tube in a tire. When I changed it, I was sure to tighten the bolts in a fashion that allowed even torquing of the bolts so it did not push the diaphragm one way or another (like how you properly tighten lug nuts). Also, i snugged the bolts some and then applied the brakes gently to "seat" the diaphragm. I then final torqued the bolts and it didn't leak. I originally put a new diaphragm in it and it still leaked, so i put another one in it and did this method and it didn't leak. Hope it helps if somebody decides to change theirs someday.[/FONT]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks