• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061a1 in use

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had an opportunity to use the M1061a1 today! First off, had to relieve the trailer of her cargo, a LTD motor and tranny for the "Raven Deuce". Without an "a" frame, used the closest tree! With the motor and tranny removed, it was time to load the Bobcat. Loaded the skid-steer while the trailer was hooked to the truck. I realize the legs on the trailer would have worked, just wanted some extra weight. LOL After loading, we unhooked and loaded the "Raven Deuce" with my sons stuff from when he was in the Marine Corp. Ya know the stuff I mean, if you have had someone go into the service. He's been back for awhile, but his stuff some how stayed here. LOL Gave us a great time to chat and work together again. Dang, sure do miss that great young man! After loading the deuce we re-hooked to the trailer and skiddy and took off for across the Illinois river. Was a 45mile trip one way. Got to his house, unloaded the Bobcat, and leveled the back yard for him. Then we unloaded the deuce and did it all in reverse. All in all, a GREAT day! Just thought I would share it with me "Brothers" here on S.S.
God bless,
Tony:D

Attachments

Nonotagain

I'd like to see a close up of the ramps that you made.

I have to use a hill close by to unload my Bobcat. Can't remember if it's a 753 or 853. Darn, I'm getting old.

Plus, I haven't seen the loader or trailer in months since it resides down at my parents house.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the interest. I will get some photos today and attach them. One thing I don't "like" about the ramps is the tail light coverage. I will have to relocate the stock tail lights. When the Bobcat has it's tracks on, they just fit inside the lower ramp arms. So, I attached a runner board to hold them up and out of the channel. They are definately heavy enough, that's for sure. I wish I could take credit for their manufactor, but I can not. Some EXCELLENT:drool: fabrication person from the Iowa Army NG did that job for me before I purchased the trailer. She came back from the sand box that way. I've done some small modification, drain holes, slides etc etc. There are extra mounts and accessories welded on too that I have no clue what they were used for. I'll get a couple of picts of them too, maybe someone on here has knowledge of what she carried before she came to me. Let me know if there is anything else.
God bless,
Tony:-D

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some photos of the ramps and the extras that were welded onto the trailer. I hope someone can inform me of what they used to haul with her. I was told by an SSgt that it was probably a skid-type loader, but I don't know for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
God bless,
Tony:-D

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple of photos of a military lantern that I recently acquired. Purty kewl, I thought. =) Has nothing to do with the trailer, but still,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks