• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 dump truck conversion

tatra813

I’m converting my m1070 into a dump truck. I have all the stuff for the conversion. Before I go through the manuals , there are 2 trailer wiring connections for the fifth wheel hitch. I assume one is for 12v and one is for 24 volt.

There is also one connection in the rear of the truck for the Pintle hitch. Anyone know what the voltage is for that?

Im debating changing out the dump bed lights for 24 v lights OR just using the 24 volt existing Wiring as signal wiring for a relay that sends 12 volts.

Any thoughts on this?

also I believe the truck actually generates 12v and 24v at the alternator. What is the 12v supplying power for?

Im also adding a dump truck style Pintle hitch to pull a tag trailer. I’m also planning on adding a air suspension dump valve.

thanks in advance

Attachments

DeMilitarized

How is your project going? I have a M929A2 but thinking I'd like to sell it and get/build something a little heavier. Been looking at 7 tons but wondering if your idea of converting the M1070 would be better.
I have heard that the m1070 isnt a great platform for a dump truck due to the air suspension. MTVR would do nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks