• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 Oshkosh - M10 - Halftrack - sliding trailer

Hummermark

Hi,

Here is my Oshkosh with civilian trailer carrying an M10 and half track at this years War and Peace show, in England, left on Sunday which was the wettest day :( it as rather slippery under foot! I didn't realise until I watched this footage that the trailer was going sidewards... The Oshkosh didn't break traction at all, I was in low range with the tire inflation system set to 'MUD'.

Civilian trailer - I used a 2-3" collar adapter on the fifth wheel pin.

http://youtu.be/JlCx3zM05lQ

https://youtu.be/4grxe9qWkJ8

Regards, Mark

dmetalmiki

Nice truck, impressive, and cool outfit. We could see that unit from our camping pitch. And yes it was very wet (again) but we had set out home sunday at 2-45 A.M. and avoided the operation stack on the M20. the bad weather and (at that time in the morning) the toll on the dartford crossing into essex.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, how many lbs total are you there? We cannot exceed 80,000 if the load can be split up.

Hummermark

To keep it simple in the UK we have 3 category's for heavy loads normal tractor trailers are up to 44ton or 97003 lbs cat 1 is up to 50 ton/110231 lbs cat 2 is up to 80 ton/176369 lbs and cat 3 is 150 ton 330693 lbs so as you see in video I am at 64 ton/141095 lbs so display cat 2 on the front .

• each load is the same character; and
  • they are loaded at the same place and carried to the same destination; and
  • the overall width of any vehicle used does not exceed the width necessary to carry the widest single load; and
  • the overall length does not exceed the length necessary to carry the longest single load.
The above is a copy from our rules also could not move 2 vehicles if the 2nd put me in the next category so you can see with or without 1/2 track I am still in cat 2 plus as they say the character does not change ie width or length with or without 1/2 track and they went from and to the same place ie home to show.Running under cat 2 I have to give at least 2 working days notice on line of the movement time route each way.From what I see of the U.S. Heavy haulage UK is a lot easier.

Hummermark

Hi wow 2.45 in the morning do you not like sleep or do you do recovery as a job! Did you have stuff for sale in front of a 5ton at the show? Have you any under hood pics of the flat head v8 in the jeep?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks