• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078 lmtv gun truck

32degrees

I was wondering if anybody had ever seen a m1078 lmtv with a lsac armored cab used as gun truck. By this has one ever been seen using the cargo bed as weapons platform. Similar, to the m923 with the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory ballistic shield. To me it seems that it would be a overall good platform. It would be more maneuverable than the 5 tons and better protected than the hmmwv.

Driver523

The Livermore gun box has been put on both the Stuwart-Stevens trucks (LMTV & FMTV) I personaly don't care for these trucks (and from what I hear most the troops don't either) but these trucks are limited to their ratings--being strictly 2 1/2 tons and 5 tons--where as the 800--900- and M54 has a much higher tonnage rating then the 2 1/2 and 5 ton so said---the thing that made us able to put the Livermore gun box on the LMTV and FMTV is that it can be put together in about any manner or size one desires, Some are on these trucks in Iraq and even in Afganistan------

Driver

Driver523

Oh yeah------The armored cabs for the LMTV and FMTV are of two types--one is a add on armor to the existing cab and the other is a cab replacement (both good but the replacement one is quite nice), Livermore did make a few cab armor kits for the 900 series trucks but shortly after that the military came out with the Frankenstein cab armor kit (a great kit)

Driver

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks