• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078 No reverse wiring?

spencer proffitt

Need a little help, I have a m 1078 we are building into a brush truck for the Fire Dept. I was going to add better back-up lights, until I could not find a relay or fuse for it. I looked and sure enough, there was no relay in the board, or even contacts in the spot where the reverse relay goes. Am I looking in the correct spot. Im lost, It is a 1996 if that helps.

Third From Texas

The OEM backup light was placed on the driverside rear bumperette. I always replace them with a flood and then tap in a backup alarm.

Let me see if I can read a wire tag, else it's in the TM schematic I'm sure.

spencer proffitt

The OEM backup light was placed on the driverside rear bumperette. I always replace them with a flood and then tap in a backup alarm.

Let me see if I can read a wire tag, else it's in the TM schematic I'm sure.
I have the tm on memory stick from the forest service, But not one with a schematic, I will comb through the manuals here on the site.

B-Dog

Schematics are in the back of all of the TMs.

Are the OEM wires on the rear bumperette intact?

If so, just look for the one on the driverside that has the "287" marker tag.
I think your 2 is a P; P87.

Power comes from circuit breaker 73 (Zone E159). The switch is in the controller (zone B190). Wire number 490 comes out of the WTEC II, P33 then thru J51 (Zone D52) to P51 (Zone 226) then plug P87 to the light (zone C233). No relay anywhere.

Ronmar

96 makes it an A0, as mentioned every tm has the electrical drawings all the way in the back just in front of the change forms. The reverse contacts/relay are in the vehicle interface module(VIM) under the dash. Power comes from CB73 thru the VIM reverse contacts thru P51 under the dash, then back to P87 at the reverse light. The wire with the power is #490 and the other pin on P87 is grounded to the chassis at the back... 05AFFD3D-9D0A-4880-967A-A2063765CC0C.jpeg

Third From Texas

Slightly off but related, I need to run a backup strobe and alarm to my M1082 trailer that I drag to the beach. I'm pretty good about tossing a radio to someone to spot me if I'm backing around to position at little events out there but doing it at night always makes me nervous.

I think most civiliain trailers uses the center prong on the connector, but I'm not sure S&S did the same. I need to poke about the schematics.

Ronmar

I think most civiliain trailers uses the center prong on the connector, but I'm not sure S&S did the same.
They didn’t... The reverse contacts in the VIM go only to that single backup light. I don’t see any reverse feed to the 12V or 24V(7pin or 10 pin) inter-vehicle connectors... Guess the mil isn’t big on backing up:)

if you want one you will have to cobble it together yourself...

FA110F96-6DF5-4953-830D-E3559E47F278.png

spencer proffitt

I must tell on my self, don't scold me! I did away with the military light switch and went with one switch that turns on all of the lights ( marker and head lights) we did this on our m 923 to eliminate confusion. we did it also on this LMTV, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I might have missed a wire, there are a few wires not used Black out and something else. That may be my problem, I will have to look at the schematic and figure that part out.

spencer proffitt

OK, sometime you have to drag the slow kid along kicking and screaming, My truck is an AO, I keep looking at the schematics, pretty straight forward. Answer me this the VIM is the black controller under the dash on the passenger kick panel correct? I think I keep looking at the schematic for the WTEC III, not the WTEC II as I should, Why cant I find the correct schematic? There is no relay in the PDP, that is correct, the contacts for the relay are not in the board, but there is an empty hole for a relay and contacts. (WTEC III maybe?) and since I am asking dumb questions I will hijack my own thread, I cant lift the cab right now, Fan is stuck on, I freed it up weeks ago (120 psi to fitting on fan shroud, light tap to clutch, WALA,fixed) I think the solenoid is stuck or the temperature switch is stuck, went to clean and oil as shown on you tube-It aint behind the kick panel, no lines either! Where is that thing?

Third From Texas

The fan will stay on due to a lack of air (no air = default "clutch lock, fan on").

So I would speculate that fan and lift are related (to air, both fed by the wet tank I think).

Can you manually pump the cab up at all? Fluid level in manual reservoir? Fluid level in the upper reservoir?

Ronmar

The A0 schematic has both the WTEC II and III drawn into in. They shifted to the III in late 98, so there is a relay location for it on the main panel, bu tif yours is a II, it uses the in the VIM box under the passenger dash. That is where the fan control solenoid valve is located, mounted under the dash all the way over to the left near the passenger door.

the failure mode is to engage the fan, the thermal switch removes power when it hits 205F, which releases the air and engages the fan clutch. If working right, you should hear the solenoid valve release air when you turn off the main switch and remove the solenoid’s power.

spencer proffitt

The fan will stay on due to a lack of air (no air = default "clutch lock, fan on").

So I would speculate that fan and lift are related (to air, both fed by the wet tank I think).

Can you manually pump the cab up at all? Fluid level in manual reservoir? Fluid level in the upper reservoir?
I have had the cab up and serviced the truck, I just have the cylinder off at the moment. Yes, the fan/cab lift come from the wet tank. MY problem is the solenoid is not there, no hoses, wires. Its gotta be somewhere, I will find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks