• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Recovery

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I finally brought home our family's first MV. We found a pristine LMTV for sale in AL and embarked on the recovery journey today. The previous owner sent us on our way with an already titled vehicle and a half tank of diesel. Oh, the price was right too. [thumbzup] My wife ran tail gunner in the Honda Pilot and my son rode with me. We had a ball.

Here are some photos from the trip. It was a 122 mile drive back home
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So the adventure begins.

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Has she driven it yet? It might not be yours for long!
My wife has not driven it yet. She was feeling kind of under the weather, so she snapped some shots of the kids and I then went in to get some allergy medicine. Also, the power was out when we got home, so I got the 802a out and powered up the house so she could have A/C and lights. I hope to get her out for a ride tomorrow after church.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Welcome to the LMTV club. Even with my recent issues I wouldn't trade it for any MV I've had so far (and that's quite a few). I would suggest shaking the fan though :)

And I guess that's one way to not have that annoying air buzzer going off.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good advice Mark. I've been grabbing the fan every time I raise the cab. It's solid and I hope it stays that way!

Also, I was trying to understand your air buzzer comment, then realized the hole under the speedo is likely supposed to contain a visual warning (light). The buzzer still functions well, it's painful actually. I may have to check inside the dash to see what they did to that wiring.

Here are some additional pics from today in better light.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found out my wife collected a few photos from "chase vehicle" perspective during the recovery yesterday. She may be coming around! Hopefully... She is still feeling under the weather, so I was not able to get her out for a ride today.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks really good. Clean unit.

You should join us next month in Georgia, you'll have a lot of fun. There is a link below in my signature line.

There are some guys who are going to convoy down from Flintville as well: https://www.facebook.com/events/850382701759871/

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TNriverjet, the Knoxville Military vehicle club had an annual outing this past weekend at Fall Creek Falls. We had 3 FMTVs start on our trailride on Saturday! Maybe that's the most FMTVs assembed in TN outside the military!?

I am sorry i did not spot your thread earlier. Maybe you can join us next year? Fall Creek Falls is not too bad a drive from Nashville, about the same as from Knoxville.

Bob

Last edited:

tankdriver

TNriverjet, the Knoxville Military vehicle club had an annual outing this past weekend at Fall Creek Falls. We had 3 FMTVs start on our trailride on Saturday! Maybe that's the most FMTVs assembed in TN outside the military!?

I am sorry i did not spot your thread earlier. Maybe you can join us next year? Fall Creek Falls is not too bad a drive from Nashville, about the same as from Knoxville.

Bob
I used to live in Nashville, and boated, camped, and Scuba Dived at Fall Creek Falls, I loved it there.......

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bob
Falls Creek Falls is beautiful. We were actually purchasing and bringing home the truck this past weekend while your event was taking place. We will consider it next year. It sounds really fun! Did you run the M1078? Or one of your Unimogs?

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple more beauty shots once I got the auction labels removed and license plate mounted. I will close this thread and move discussions over to the "present conflict / LMTV" section as I start upgrades, etc.

IMG_3246.jpgIMG_3247.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks