• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m107a2 Water Buffalo Resto

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Thought I'd post a thread on the progress of the m107a2 we picked up in PA last week. The frame is solid, just needs some clean up before primer and paint, as well as welding up some holes from the fire departments running lights.

The fenders are real straight, just need some welding where some brackets were bolted down. The tank is in good shape, but all the plumbing will be replaced.

Here's how it looked when it was picked up.

Attachments

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Now that the tank is off, the frame will be painted as soon as the weather allows it. The tank is carefully propped up on a 55 gallon drum, a metal stand, two mail carts, and a pallet.[thumbzup] Today we removed the lunette on the m107, and removed the teleswivel hitch from the m105 in the backround of the pics.

The teleswivel doesn't quite fit on the older style frame, but the frame only needs a little grinding to make it work.

The plan for the trailer is 383 camo.

Attachments

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
So today we welded up the holes in the frame, swapped out a tire, and removed some metal where the lunette mounts to clear the teleswivel. That thing's got to weigh close to 100 pounds, not fun to test fit 20 times.

Pic two shows where the metal was to be removed to make the hitch work.

Attachments

papercu

(...so I could make a mobile smoker out of it like someone on here did. )
I have two close by but would never sell to someone that would make smokers out of them. Besides the tank is aluminum and that doesn't work well with heat.
I have one made of steel that came from the Navy but it is a lot shorter and and taller. Shoot me a PM for more info. Wayne

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
in the military... to me.... if you were that bad at backing up the trailer to hook it up, you shouldn't drive and instead be the machine gunner. haha!

very nice looking trailer also!

I have been looking at a lot of houses to buy lately and cant help to see the fence in your back yard and all your other green machines... what do your neighbors think of you? i just want to find a house where im out a little ways and dont want to worry about not having enough room for my toys. house hunting is brutal. i know that was a tangent, sorry :)