• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M108 from ME to MA...Please??

scooter01922

Ok guys, some of you may remember i bought the m108 cranetruck/light wrecker/ whatever you wish to call it off of ASTFU a while back. Do to sched issues, a general lack of funds and now a bit of an underemployment situation actually getting it home has not occured. He has been absolutely FANTASTIC about storage and has even been reassembling the front end in his spare time. I own that guy more than i can really even begin to describe. At any rate, it needs to move and soon. I want it out of his yard ASAP as it sitting there can't be good for his relations with his spousal unit. Just a stab in the dark on that but, well, you know. Its located in Union ME and needs to get to Salisbury MA, weight is right about 20K and height should be 8.25 feet at absolute mimimum, width and length are standard for a deuce. It runs and can drive onto a trailer but as yet lacks brakes, though i think i could rig up something to get at least a few wheels to stop. Looking to keep this as cheap as i can with the general shortage of incomming funds and whatnot. If only the M35A2C wasn't still down to very local ops due to excessive oil leakeage at the headgasket. I would in all likelyhood towbar it but thats just not gonna happen right now. Let me know if anyone might be able to assist.
Thanks

Boatcarpenter

Hmmmm, about 230 miles from my house to Union, then who knows to your storage yard, then back across NH. You would owe me a lot more than the 10 Gals. of fuel you already owe me:razz::-D.
BC

scooter01922

Yeah BC, it would take a bit of fuel for sure....and yes....i do owe you 10 thus far. Quite a bit more if i start paying you back for all the assistance. Need to talk to you about hitting the parts truck. Call you soon about that. Tourdog, expect an incomming email ASAP.

Boatcarpenter

scooter, you don't owe me a thing. Just happy to help for the company, the learning experience, saving the A1 and getting to pick a few parts off the parts rig:-D.
BC

Engine5

Scooter,
Not much I can do to help tow. But if you find a way and you need another hand to wrench, pull, pry or break something in order to get it home give me a shout. I am always up for a road trip.

Shizzlemah

Hey I'm somewhat in the middle of your route and would be willing to lend a hand.

M54 sitting here, not the best highway rig but has been known to move the occasional heavy item :)

Engine5

Oddball: Crazy... I mean like, so many positive waves... maybe we can't lose, you're on!...................
Now were getting somewhere Scooter, the ball is starting to roll a bit. Lets see if we can get this truck home.

nhdiesel

Aaaaahhhh, another Kelly's Heros fan!

I'm a ways from where this is happening, I don't have any MV or heavy equipment home yet, but I'm good with a wrench and would be happy to lend a hand if there is anything I can do to help.

I guess in other words, I'm useless but willing to put my uselessness to work. :grin:

Jim

cranematt

I have outside storage about 30 miles from union if that helps. Cant offer mechanical assistance, headed to minnesota for work on sunday

nhdiesel

I just got my Deuce home yesterday, and it runs like a top. The recovery was 1100 miles. If you have a tow bar, and the M108 can be towed, I'd do it for fuel money. Let me know. I'm about 135 miles from Union, in northern N.H. You'd have to supply a tow bar, I don't have one.

Jim

scooter01922

Hmmmm, well a flat tow was my plan till the headgasket went on the M35A2c. With a little tinkering i do believe it would be just fine, move a few tires around and check some lube levels ect. Mapquest puts me 150 miles south of union. Looks like you are out 135 almost straight west of union. Not exactly ideal but whatever. I have had a towbar promised to me for the move since i bought the 108 so that shouldn't be an issue. This might just work, as i do believe you are the closest guy with a deuce. Hmmm, looks like i better get my ass to union and do some more prep.

nhdiesel

I need to get the heater in mine, its this week's project (probably actually an easy day project, add in a couple days procrastinating, another day or two to get the parts together, etc.)

Jim

scooter01922

ANYONE seen nhdiesel????? It was really nice of him to offer but i kinda need to get this done before SNOW starts to pile up. Been a few weeks and several PM's and i have no idea whats going on. Really man, no pressure if you can't help me out just let me know so i can go to plan....uh.....er.....Q. Maybe if i ask santa for 108 transport for X mas....:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks