• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 Just Recovered... Not sure what to do with it but it's home

Overdrive

Well,
I didn't see a whole lot of uses for the LMTV M1082 trailers but I couldn't pass up the auction prices out of Ft. Hood the last few weeks. So... here she is.

It is a trailer so I guess I will do some trailering with it ;)

LMTV_and_M1082.jpg

Oh and I got the M720 Dolly set home finally as well... WAYYYY to many projects around here.

OD

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck and trailer combo look awesome! I wish mine matched the truck but then if it did I might run out of projects :)

GORF

They are awesome trailers indeed and I love the drop down sides and under storage compartments! I had the same feeling when I brought home my M1082; what will I use it for and I have too many projects! Hahaha

It looks great with your truck!

gottaluvit

You have a beautiful combo there. I just love the M1082s. I like the fact that I now have a full size cargo truck (though not quite as large as the 5-ton unit, but still longer than my dump bed) being towed behind my dump truck. It is the best of both worlds. Now you in essence have two identical cargo trucks with one power unit pulling them. How can that be going wrong? You could make the trailer into a camper.

Overdrive

LOL I am thinking the same thing now that I have one... how can you go wrong getting an M1082 :)

The workshop and area around the workshop are starting to look like a motor pool! flashbacks will soon follow I think.

Only issue I have found so far on the trailer are a missing crank handle, one missing sway bar bushing, and both upper sway bar bushings to frame are rotted.

OD

gottaluvit

Sorry but no extra parts here. If you come across them upper bushings at a reasonable price would you please post where (after you get yours of course). I saw a closed ebay listing where the guy was selling lots of two halves for either side at $10/pair. Now the big surplus dealers have them for $35 for each half of one bushing. I will wait until a reasonable person has some first. $20 sure beats $140!

st8drumz

LOL I am thinking the same thing now that I have one... how can you go wrong getting an M1082 :)

The workshop and area around the workshop are starting to look like a motor pool! flashbacks will soon follow I think.

Only issue I have found so far on the trailer are a missing crank handle, one missing sway bar bushing, and both upper sway bar bushings to frame are rotted.

OD[/QUOT

Which crank handle do you need? The big one to raise and lower or the small winch crank to extend/retract the landing gear? I have several extra small ones that came with my trailers. Let me know.

Overdrive

I cleared enough room in the workshop to back in my LMTV with the 1082... have to post a pic tomorrow of that beautiful site. Although the the ridiculously tall 1082 blocks my view of the workshop TV :)

Workshop001.jpg
After spending a day pressure washing off the years of oxidation I pulled off the 4 lifting eyes. Holy cow! They have to weigh almost 100 pounds each. There is 400 pounds of weight savings right there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks