• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 LMTV trailer from Cincinnati, Ohio area to North Dakota or close.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold my lmtv trailer to a young fella from Alaska who is working the oilfields in North Dakota.
He asked me to post and ask about tranport possibilites for the trailer. It is completely road worthy for towing. I can also easily load onto any type trailer from gooseneck to semi flatbed.
If anybody is heading to or near the Dakotas and looking for a load or a backhaul in the next few weeks to month he is willing to pay.
If interested shoot me a pm and I will put you in touch with him.

Trailer weighs about 7,000 lbs.

Hkx3

I have a new 1 ton, and some free time. What does this pay?

I also have a trailer, but it seems towing this would be a lot simpler?

tobyS

Karl has an M105 bed that I need back to Indiana from N Dakota (around Fargo) - but he says he can't get to it until April (something in front of it that won't be moved until then). That is probably too far out to work with this transport, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Hkx3

I would think the 105 bed would be too difficult to load across my bed (too much time and effort using cribbing and straps.

That would make me need a trailer - and for this load I think just pulling the LMTV trailer would be easier and just as cost efficient

tobyS

I would think the 105 bed would be too difficult to load across my bed (too much time and effort using cribbing and straps.

That would make me need a trailer - and for this load I think just pulling the LMTV trailer would be easier and just as cost efficient
Just threw it up as it sounded like you might be taking a trailer. I've used 4 bales of straw and never had a problem bringing even larger beds back from Columbus. ND is farther than I want to go, but I'll find a way...thanks.

Edit...Maybe I could rent a u-haul car trailer and have you bring it from there to here???

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I don't know if towing it would be best course as it weighs 3.5 tons empty. Since it has air brakes you would have no help at all in a panic stop.

tobyS

I could haul it. I am picking up a Lmtv in Clevland and driving it back to Washington State This weekend. Does it have a plate? What is a fair price for us both?
That sounds perfect for your friend Mike...good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks