• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 Alternator output

Grimbo

When the engine is running I’m seeing 32v on the 24v post and 14.2v on the 12v on the relay panel, the 14.2v appears good, but the 32v is high.
I took a pic of the readings on the regulator and alternator when running, excuse the wobbly text.
basically 24.2v on the left post of regulator, 32v on the right hand post.
if I switch the driving light circuit off, the voltage will dropto 28.2v which appears correct. Any ideas on what to check, I don’t want to replace the pricey regulator if it is something else. Thanks

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might get more responce by posting in the FMTV thread theres alot more guys with FM/LMTVS in there to help you ! Are both of the 2 little green lights blinking back and forth ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks