• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 M1078 axle difference

Lmtv772

Banned
What is the difference between M1078 and M1088 axles? there should be one since the M1088 goes a bunch faster than the M1078

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The axle ratios are the same as are the transmission ratios. MTV has more horses though.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
First variants have a cat3116. Whichever model you choose the engine is governed at around 2600rpms you can go around 57-59mph. The early A1 trucks have the Cat 3126 and then switched to the C7. You can reprogram for more HP but I dont believe they go any faster. You can put certain MRAP gearing into the axles for more highway speed at a trade of loosing some low end torque.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is no reprogram on a first gen truck. Its a mechanical motor. You can have allison adjust the shift pattern a bit but the ratios are what they are.

Lmtv772

Banned
Some like the 3116 better because they're all mechanical and you can synchronize all the injectors and do fuel timing ect and fuel settings. Plus I think you can run several different fuel blends...

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I like the 3116 I can self troubleshoot it. I just don't know enough about the computerized engines. The local cat mechanics recommend the 3126 over the C7 they are not fond of the whole C line of engines.

SP5

I believe the axle is a RF-12-611,, the -12 axle uses air operated drum brakes as standard. The -19 axle uses hydraulic actuated drum brakes as standard. Both are available with either hydraulic or air operated disc brakes, the disc brakes use a diff hub than the drum brakes. With discs, the -12 axle uses the "quadraulic" 63mm pistons, and the -19 axle uses 74mm
pistons.
All of the above is IIRC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks