• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1088 - Cat 3116
M1088A1 - Cat 3126 or C7 (computerized)

The feeling on the 3116 is up for debate for many reasons, some have serious weight and other just don't like the color yellow. It's commonly referred to as a "throw away" engine as they're rated for only 300,000 miles. They are what they are and the seem to do well for a 90's era mechanical diesel.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do all M1088s have the Cat 3116?

If there is a different motor, what is it?

And while we are talking about the 3116, what is the general feeling about them in these trucks?

Thanks much in advance!
I have a M1089 with a 3116 and then I landed a M1088 with a 3126. My neighbor up the street does a lot of grading and general ground smoothing. All of his guys wear CAT hats, so at some point in time we had to talk about my trucks. Of course I was all excited to talk about my "new" 3126. They haul doziers, pans and other pretty heavy machines and their trucks sound like they have plenty of power.

Funny part was that when I told them I had a 3126 - their reply was just simply oh and the discussion moved on. :)

So, these trucks aren't hotrods, but they are geared right for the job they do.
Or at least in my opinion...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks