• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 fuel tank/spare tire dimensions

Danger Ranger

OK, so just wondering about the spare tire carrier and/or fuel tank on m109s. Anyone have the dimensions (height, width, depth) of a tank. If not, how about spare tire rack...
Just curious about mounting a generator there after seeing all those m109 builds.:p

zout

DR - I had actually wanted to intall a Gen Set 4 kw Emerald unit I had as a slide in unit. Removing the tool box and making a slide in unit and then using the OEM door as a final closure unit so no one knew what was behind it.

Meaning - open the door - slide the gen out - so all was incognito

Barrman

The area for the spare tire is a 42" circle. The fuel tank is about 15" tall. That is about all I can do without a truck and a tape measure next to me.

Danger Ranger

OK, duh...

42" tire means the area there should be at least 42" deep, 42" wide, and the tank height of 15" means 15" tall.aua
Thanks for the quick input guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks