• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1090 vs m1094

AlexS

Looked a little around here and I didn’t see this question asked. I just bought a m1094 Stuart and Stevenson, and I can’t figure out the difference between the standard m1090 dump truck version vs the m1094 LVAD version
Thanks for your help

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and lucky you. Search "flying dump truck" here for a members experience fixing one of these many years ago. The big difference is the cab, which on the airdrop trucks is capable of being broken down at the beltline. This has pros and cons, pros are the windshields are easy to replace flat glass as opposed to the expensive special windshield on the normal trucks, but the big con is the door glass tends to get broken really easily as the upper part of the door moves around.

AlexS

Welcome and lucky you. Search "flying dump truck" here for a members experience fixing one of these many years ago. The big difference is the cab, which on the airdrop trucks is capable of being broken down at the beltline. This has pros and cons, pros are the windshields are easy to replace flat glass as opposed to the expensive special windshield on the normal trucks, but the big con is the door glass tends to get broken really easily as the upper part of the door moves around.
Thanks a lot NDT! Sounds like just what you said, it’s a pro and a con.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just understand you have a very very rare truck there, very few (20?) were produced, and it is likely your truck was airdropped or LAPESed.

AlexS

Just understand you have a very very rare truck there, very few (20?) were produced, and it is likely your truck was airdropped or LAPESed.
Now that’s very surprising (yet very cool). I would of thought that military would of ordered them and never used them for the intended purpose. I guess I’ll keep it camo if it’s such a unique truck. I was gonna paint it just one uniform color.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks