• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Trailer top repair

Knifeknut5818

Hey guys,
This forum has been a wealth of knowledge thus far for us an our recent Schutt M1102 purchase. Which is why I have come to ask you all this.

Our's came with the soft top, and it's in very good condition.... minus a few holes chewed by rats. Is there a source that you know of for the top material, and what type of adhesive have you guys had good luck with? I've searched and found the soft top repair kit, but as I am sure you know the chances the kit's contents are still good is very questionable. This seems to be the best option I have found thus far https://www.ahh.biz/vinyl/vinyl_military_tent_with_ir_blocking.php#view1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here she is as it currently sits, the largest hole of the bunch being visible in the front face of the top.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I previously had a tarp repaired by a guy that repairs top covers for boats and also repaired and sewed heavy canvas. I found a surplus tarp from some unknown MV that was in bad shape that someone gave to me free. We used that tarp to cut patches from. The guy glued them in place and then stitched the edges after gluing. It looked very professional and the fabric color matched perfectly since the patch material was already aged. The final result looked like the tarp came with the patches, mainly because the patches were lined up perfectly and not affixed at an angle.

Knifeknut5818

I previously had a tarp repaired by a guy that repairs top covers for boats and also repaired and sewed heavy canvas. I found a surplus tarp from some unknown MV that was in bad shape that someone gave to me free. We used that tarp to cut patches from. The guy glued them in place and then stitched the edges after gluing. It looked very professional and the fabric color matched perfectly since the patch material was already aged. The final result looked like the tarp came with the patches, mainly because the patches were lined up perfectly and not affixed at an angle.
Honestly a boat top repair place was going to be my 1st route if I couldn't take care of it myself. I live right next to Lake Allatoona here in GA so the places are definitely around.

Thanks for your help sir.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have nice new repair squares for sale but they are green.
Easy repair with the HH66 glue you can get online. I think the patches I have are 12x24 or something I can’t remember

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks