• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1113 ecvs humvee

Hummermark

Hi,

Looking through the manuals that I got with my M1113 they say you cannot drive it very far without the shelter in it or putting 600kg (1500lbs) evenly distributed in the load area. It says that otherwise damage may occur, I was just wondering what damage may occur. The only things I could think of is aye the shock absorbers are at full reach with no weight in it.

If anyone knows what it is that'd be harmed please can you let me know?

Mark

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's half of the issue, the other is most likely the rear axle drive line joints will be running at the max angle of attack. Probably no good for prolonged driving.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1037 shelter carrier's rear suspension does not deflect whatsoever when unloaded. Even on bumps. I suppose AMG figured out this is not a good thing on later models.

ClarkeF

Basically there is no rear suspension give without 1500 lbs in the back - so in effect it's a solid suspension with no give that tends to break things. You can change the rear springs / spring seats to the variable rate rears and the shocks to a lighter duty - makes it a much better ride. It's still happier with some weight because you get more flex off road and a softer ride - but at least there is some flex from the start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks