• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152 to slantback with hardtop conversion questions.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finally was able to get a parts unit M1167 with hardtop and slantback. Has anyone converted a M1152 to a slantback? It can't be much harder than installing a soft top kit. Just remove the parts off the m1167 and swap. Once I get the M1167 I'll be selling whatever I don't need in classifieds.

Attachments

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finally was able to get a parts unit M1167 with hardtop and slantback. Has anyone converted a M1152 to a slantback? It can't be much harder than installing a soft top kit. Just remove the parts off the m1167 and swap. Once I get the M1167 I'll be selling whatever I don't need in classifieds.
I have not been on the forum for a while, and did the same thing, got a REV 1167 slantback to convert my 1165A1, I always wanted a slantback :) Was thinking to keep the parts for spares, transmission, transfer case, geared fan (that alone would cast a lot to get a replacement), radiators look like new, the engine is almost complete, at least in the pictures.
And just like Matt says, has anyone done a similar conversion before?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not been on the forum for a while, and did the same thing, got a REV 1167 slantback to convert my 1165A1, I always wanted a slantback :) Was thinking to keep the parts for spares, transmission, transfer case, geared fan (that alone would cast a lot to get a replacement), radiators look like new, the engine is almost complete, at least in the pictures.
And just like Matt says, has anyone done a similar conversion before?
I couldn't find a hardtop and slantback setup for less than 8k. Plus all the extra parts I can sell or keep in my shop. The two man M1152 has no seat bases or rear seats. That's at least worth $800 in parts. I figured with all the small parts I would need, this was the best route, plus its original AM General parts.