• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 Lid. need pic and dimensions

jasonjc

I'm missing the lid for my M149A2 as are some others on here. I did a webfils check. Found the "manufacter" but they say thay sold the drawings and all back in the '80's. The company they sold to has not retruned my emails. So there is an outfit down the road from me that make tank trucks and trailers I was going to see if they can make one or some if anyone else wants/needs one. Or maybe I can make one myself. I just need to know what it looks like better.

I know it's round and covers the hole.

I allso know how some of you think.:p

So if any of you with one could take some pic's and measerments of the lid. I would much appreciate it. Thank you.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been told, I haven't seen though, that the hatch on my m967 5k tanker is the same as on a m149.

Not sure how true it is, but I hope if someone takes the time to measure their m149 I will know.

I could measure my tanker and you can see if the hole is the same. I know I can fit in it with the lid removed.

glcaines

It is now pouring down rain. I'll take some measurements and photos when the rain stops.
It's still raining, but I went ahead and took some photos. Let me know if you need more photos or specific measurements. If it was me, I'd keep looking for a lid. As soon as you go ahead an do the work to make a lid, you'll find one.

Attachments

jasonjc

Thanks that will help alot.

Is the bottom of the lid flat or does it have a lip where the gasket is?

Yours seem to be on the right way and like the TM shows.
I see alot of the tanks have the hinge on the other end. This seems like a bad idea. I would think that if the lid was not latched down it could come open going down the road and break off. I bet that is where mine went.

glcaines

The bottom of the lid is flat and made of stainless steel. The lip as you mentioned is a hard rubber grommet, screwed on. The outer edge of the hard rubber grommet is ~1/2 inch and the inner depth is ~3/4 inch. I took some more photos as you can see. I apologize for the poor photo quality. I was too close for the camera to focus properly.

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try White Owl. They show several various buffalo tanks on their website for $150 ea. Might be able to buy just the lid.[thumbzup]

papercu

The tanks at White Owl are the fiberglass tanks. If the lids interchange (I don't think they will) I have one tank like those in South GA for 200.00. Wayne

jasonjc

I check with White Owl about the lids and he did not have any. I also checked about windows for my M129A2 trailers and they did not have those either. But he was real nice about it.