• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151a1 Carburator

fland 244

Got a rebuild kit, Zenith carb,,,rebuilt carb.,,seemed simple,, but no idle, and have to choke, hard start, rough running..what went wrong, is there a unknown trick to these carbs,, timing good, plugs points all good I think,, truck sat for the last 30 years

cucvmule

collector of stuff
New clean source of fuel.

Air bleeds can be very stubborn to get clear.

Disassemble again and carb cleaner into the air passages and air pressure into and clear out. A tip cleaner from a acetylene torch comes in handy as well. Safety glasses are a must.

If you are going to repair yourself then it may take several times to get all airbleeds free of dirt and rust. Be patient, and I use talc powder or chapstick on gaskets to be able to reuse and keep from sticking and tearing them.

The air bleed at the throttle blade is the most challenging.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
^^^ what he said. Use brake cleaner and spray into every hole, you need to see the fluid coming out the other end of the passage. I've seen mixture adjustment screw tips broken off in the passages, that can really mess with you. Also, a set of air brush cleaning prushes work wonders on carbureators.

fland 244

^^^ what he said. Use brake cleaner and spray into every hole, you need to see the fluid coming out the other end of the passage. I've seen mixture adjustment screw tips broken off in the passages, that can really mess with you. Also, a set of air brush cleaning prushes work wonders on carbureators.

fland 244

I think i did all that ..question is carb has a pumper system which is new,,then what jets control the idle which is fluctuating. Air adjustment screw new..fuel pump new... engine driven fuel pump... mid range good.. high speed good... it's idle to 1/4 that is bad..Which jets control that...very fustrating..

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there is an unknown trick, this guy knows it; Billy’s M151 Carburetors 727-446-seventeen fifty three.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks