• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M172A1 or similar heavy 20 ton tag along trailer in MD?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have access to an M172A1 or a 20 ton tag along trailer? I am currently considering the purchase of an M548 variant. The trucker cannot get his truck and low-bed trailer into my area close enough to my house and I don't want to have to drive the vehicle 2 miles on back roads. Well, I WANT to, but I don't think I should! I would be willing to pay for someone's fuel and time to assist me. We'd basically have to get the M548 off of the trailer and load it on your trailer for the two mile run to my house. Let me know if anyone can help.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the response. I don't want to buy one. While I believe Brandon would help if he was closer, he is in NC so either paying him to move it two miles in MD, borrowing/renting it, or buying it is not really feasible. I eventually want to buy a 20 ton tag along trailer to move the vehicle around. That would be more practical for me, than buying an overwidth trailer that requires permits to move at all times. Again, thanks for the thought, though.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Anyone have access to an M172A1 or a 20 ton tag along trailer? I am currently considering the purchase of an M548 variant. The trucker cannot get his truck and low-bed trailer into my area close enough to my house and I don't want to have to drive the vehicle 2 miles on back roads. Well, I WANT to, but I don't think I should! I would be willing to pay for someone's fuel and time to assist me. We'd basically have to get the M548 off of the trailer and load it on your trailer for the two mile run to my house. Let me know if anyone can help.
:drool::drool::drool: OMG!!! I ALMOST had an M548 a few years ago but the deal fell thru!:(:(

Kinda glad it did though. After my GOER fiasco I've vowed to stick to the smaller stuff.
If you get the M548 PLEASE post lots and lots of pics!:beer:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, it is a vehicle similar to this one. If I get it, I'll definitely post some pics. (John, thanks for the PM, too!)

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talk with AMGeneral. I know his is for sale. It would do a great job hauling the dozer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks