• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M17A3 Decon complete kit. Worth keeping?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last month I picked up an almost brand new M17A3 Decontamination Kit.
2.6 hours on meter.
Kit is complete and includes a big collapsible fabric water tank and also a diesel powered water pump.
Accessories locker was still banded and locked from factory.

I bought it to flip but are these worth keeping and using?
The old threads say that while they do produce very hot water,, the pressure isn’t there. Maybe 200psi or so.

Setup looks like a pain to get going and don’t really want to mess with it, unless it really works well.

Ideas?

EECCF25D-1A4C-41AA-B419-71FCC3E47A19.jpeg
1A52BA3D-0685-412A-9987-4CCA1FBB949F.jpeg

3E7126EC-4E4E-4BA6-82B0-A4E48BE60C8D.jpeg
0A4433F7-D5A1-4BA4-85E6-B8BA4727FC2A.jpeg

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, if I ran a boy Scout camp, this is what I would use to give the kids hot shower water. Once we got an operator who knew how to make it work right, we took it on field problems just to use as a shower point. We called it NBC training, but it made a real fine shower point.

You get all the TM's with it?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was not built to be a pressure washer. Its a DECON Apparates. Apples and oranges.
Im well aware.

But I’ve read elsewhere that others have tried to make these a pressure washer and it failed miserably, with damaged equipment.

Edit:
Sold the whole setup.
Never used it.
Couldn’t be happier.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks