• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M185A3 To M934 24V Slave Cable Plug Type...

archmark

I've got a '66 M185A3 Multifuel Deuce and a '86 M934A1 5-ton, either of which I want to be able to jump should the need ever arise. The M185 has the "old style" plug and the M934 has the "new style (NATO?) plug. Which will be the better way to go when I finally find a slave cable; should I convert the M185 to the "new style" plug or the M934 to the "old style" plug.

Also, anybody have a cable available that they want to sell?

Thanks...

Mark

Robin Craig

Depends who and what they drive are in your area or in your collection.

There is an adapter that allows the modern style cable to be used with the older style plugs.

I would buy the modern cable and two adapters and cover your bases that way.

The Canadians figured out your problem with this unit when they got their Ferrets in the early 1950s, if you find one they are not common.

I will try to find a copywrite free image of the other style adapter

Robin

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CBRmetalworks makes a nice adapter to install the NATO receptacle in place of the 2 prong receptacle. I would upgrade to NATO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks