• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M274-a2 mule (modified to center seat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a different kinda 1965 mule. I found this mule this past week. Its 100% mule just a few modifications for the center seat and roll bar. I feel its a one of a kind BOV. I figured on installing a front and rear hitch for moving stuff around the lz. It came with a tow bar and a good winch so I can use the bar for lifting, kinda ingenious set up if you ask me. I had a chance last year to check out Clinto's mule Doghead was riding around on and thought it was the cats azz. I liked the 4 wheel steering option. Whats your opinion...?

Question; Has anyone ever installed a diesel engine in a mule, I searched the threads and could not find any info. The mule runs fine no engine problems at all just looking for an alternative and if its doable.:popcorn:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning on putting it in the back of the 109 out at the farm or I can bring a 105. Jim said he knew who you were gimp and I am sure we can work out the logistics.
I am excited I get the air assist installed and a mule. Going to be an amazing weekend.[thumbzup]

gunboy1656

It was out at the Findlay show the last few years. I posted a couple pics of it in the past.

I was told the military tried to use a diesel motor in testing but that was about it.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As wreckerman would say, and I quote:
"I can't have NOTHIN'!!!" aua
It's my birthday and I decided to spoil myself. Jim told me a story about a guy and his daughter in a normal mule being flipped over and pinned under their mule.

I figured the cage was a good safety aspect and its GREEN:mrgreen:.

Off to work, peace out..!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before I posted I looked for a TM for a 1965 Mule. Does anyone have a quick TM or link to share...?:driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Heartbreaking.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow I am bummed. I got a thumbs down from Clinto :oops:. There I was admiring his mule as the perfect specimen of the M274 you got to give him his props.

Well it's still a mule, live and kicking. At first I thought the mule was chopped up and it was sacrilegious to even look at it, then it grew on me.

There is no going back wards. I will install a trailer hitch to pull a trailer since there is no real usable deck space.:mrgreen:

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully by next weekend The guy in Ohio will be delivering the mule. Who has the hookup for tires around SS...?

Cant wait to get behind the wheel..............................WHOA......!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks