• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Cargo bed cover mods

Nitrodiver

Beautiful truck! What are the covers above the headlights? Love the “Front Towards Enemy”!!!
I’ve heard those billboard tarps are very heavy duty and last a very long time.
Thanks! It’s actually filthy right now, looked a lot better during the KILO 19.
I get lots of compliments on that.
Those are some steel plates I made. They are supposed to be eyebrows. You’ve seen jeeps with that “Mean” look. That’s how they achieve that look. By giving the head lights that angled eyebrow. It didn’t workout as well for a Deuce. Really needs to go all the way across but I didn’t want to obstruct any air flow to the radiator. My gf likes them so I leave them on. Couple of bolts and they come right off.

I got to say those billboard tarps are amazing, for the cost of them! I would very highly recommend them to any one that needs a long term or custom size tarp. Really any tarp for that matter. They are easy to sew, cut, mold and I’ve used them for all kinds of things. Line the bed of your truck if your hauling dirt. Makes clean up so much easier. Even made a shallow pool out of one on the beach one time. If they are in good shape I buy every one I come across.

Last edited:

bprzyw

No! Seriously leave them on! They really bring out the attitude in the truck!!!
Had several tarps over the years and my are they tough! Built lean-to’s, cover firewood, makeshift pools! They are getting hard to find out here.

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The white tarp worked out great. I also posted a video on the Facebook group. With the tarp completely spread open and banging over the sides some, it was trapping a lot of exhaust fumes. I turned under the sides so the corner grommets lined up with the next one over basically doubling the sides about a foot all the way from front to rear. I used the bungee cords with the balls to hold the front and back and added a rubber strap on each corner. It worked great as did the risers extended up for head room. I used some 1x3 lumber and cut 14” pieces that just dropped into the pocket before putting the risers in place.

83C585C7-6ACD-4A7E-8D2C-40CF3E80136E.jpeg

Nitrodiver

The white tarp worked out great. I also posted a video on the Facebook group. With the tarp completely spread open and banging over the sides some, it was trapping a lot of exhaust fumes. I turned under the sides so the corner grommets lined up with the next one over basically doubling the sides about a foot all the way from front to rear. I used the bungee cords with the balls to hold the front and back and added a rubber strap on each corner. It worked great as did the risers extended up for head room. I used some 1x3 lumber and cut 14” pieces that just dropped into the pocket before putting the risers in place.
Good deal. Im glade it’ worked out for you!
Once you get it built it’s surprisingly easy to set up isn’t it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks