• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 multifuel timing mark line up

jimwc12

Question for the multifuel hive mind, I had to pull the hydraulic head to repair a stuck cutoff sleeve. My concern is this, to remove the hydraulic head i aligned the timing mark on the damper, and the white groove on the advance lined up also but i could not see the red tooth on the hydro head nor could i remove the hydro head. I had to turn the motor over well past correct timing, ( mark was nearly under the water pump) before i saw the red tooth and was able to pull the hydro head. The white tooth was still visible in the advance housing, but definitely not on mark. The truck ran pretty well before the pump issue, and has 4900 miles on it. should i be worried or is this somewhat common? TIA.

87cr250r

I don't have specific knowledge or this engine but I never mark timing components when disassembling. I always follow the factory timing procedure during reassembly.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep OP is on target now. When removing just the Head the red / scribe on Head is all we have to line up with pointer. The advance unit will not quite be on it's mark and HB will be a good bit off too. Only have to worry about HB and advance window lining up is when we check timing of the whole IP unit / engine. Phone call was much easer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks