• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 REO Gaskets!!! PLease Help

M35 REO

I am cleaning up my engine (M35, REO Gold Comet) and every thing i take off such as the air compressor, carborator, and exaust manifold, has ratty gaskets. i was curious as to where i may obtain a gasket set if one exists or if i have to make my own and any part numbers one might know (i had heard something about NAPA having a kit but i have not found it. any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

54reo

What part of Illinois are you from?

Nice truck, not too many gassers left.

JT will do you right on the gasket set BTW...

JasonS

I don't have the part numbers at hand but lots of the gaskets can be had from NAPA. I had the best luck making my own oil pan and valve cover gaskets from silicone sheet. Cheapest price were from "rubberman" on ebay.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have the part numbers at hand but lots of the gaskets can be had from NAPA. I had the best luck making my own oil pan and valve cover gaskets from silicone sheet. Cheapest price were from "rubberman" on ebay.
Well, I left NAPA today and they were clueless!. NO REO PARTS!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the part number from a post in 05 or 06. They said it's obsolete and don't carry it anymore.

intake and exhaust valve lock 216-5146
oem type intake valve seal 216-1010
perfect circle set (requires VST-20A14 tool) *VS-6
intake and exhaust valve guide 217-3895
intake valve seat 218-8753
exhaust valve seat 218-3707
cam gear 8-3600A
crank gear 8-3601A
matched gear set 8-3602SA
full gasket set FS3146
head set HS3146
manifold set (with exhaust heated intake) MS18469
manifold set (later model) MS12199
valve cover VS39741 (the one I got was too long)
head gasket 3146
oil pan OS30987
early rod bearings 1740CP
late rod bearings 3090CP
straight shell main set 757M
Cam set 1114M

JasonS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks