• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 air compressor problem

Hottrodd789

After my truck sat for two years I got her fired up now my air compressor runs Non stop and blows the pop off valve but my gage reads 0 and the buzzer dosent shut off and the tanks hold air where should go first replace the goviner ?

rustystud

After my truck sat for two years I got her fired up now my air compressor runs Non stop and blows the pop off valve but my gage reads 0 and the buzzer dosent shut off and the tanks hold air where should go first replace the goviner ?
Yes, check the governor. It probably has gunk built up inside. I would just buy a new one. There real cheap about $25.00 .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or you may have a leak in the line somewhere. If the gauge is seeing zero and the buzzer stays on (because of very little air) then the air isn't getting to that part of the circuit.

It is hard to find a leak with the engine running. You can dig up a fitting for the glad hand to pressurize the system without the engine running. At the moment I can't remember which one to use. It has been years since I owned a Deuce.

The M809s are notorious for breaking the copper line on the tank drain. If you forget to drain your tanks in the winter time water will fill the lines, freeze and split the line. I know they are different than the Deuce but it is something to think about.

Last edited:

Jericho

check the air pressure gauge as well for a leak on the pressure supply line at or near the gauge, Just had a bad one myself, very hard to hear it until its real bad.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my deuce the compressor ran non stop, so I checked for leaks and found none, changed the governor and that fixed it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If the pop-off valve blows, you have too much pressure. You need to find out why the gauge isn't working(reading pressure) and why the governor isn't working(turning the air comp off).

rustystud

Are you talking about the "pop-off valve" on the air tank ? That takes between 140 - 150 PSI before it blows. I agree with gimpyrobb , you have a couple of problems. The air gauge is bad and since you already replaced the governor that more then likely means your air-compressor "unloader valves" are stuck open.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks