• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Cab Heater Core

Dipstick

I have a leaking heater core on my Deuce. I want to replace it or the entire heater unit in the engine compartment. I've been searching all of the websites I normally buy parts from and have come up empty. Does anyone know where I can get a new heater core or the entire heater assembly? Thanks for your help. Owen "Dipstick" McCaffrey

runk

Have you taken it to a good radiator repair shop ? They are nice old fashioned brass construction, and should be an easy repair. A while back there were several threads about a available heater core for one of the older military jeeps that fit.

Woodsplinter

I replaced mine a few months ago, buying one from a SS member. They can be hard to find, keep checking the "parts for sale" classifieds.

If you can't find one another SS member bought a slightly smaller core at Autozone. He filled the gaps around the core with weatherstripping or spray foam- can't remember which.

welldigger

I would start by taking the core to a radiator shop. But if you must have a new one I believe tnjmurray has the oem on the fender heater kits.

Dipstick

I would start by taking the core to a radiator shop. But if you must have a new one I believe tnjmurray has the oem on the fender heater kits.
Thanks welldigger. I can actually braze or solder them myself. I live in an apartment. I work in the parking lot. A lot of the good auto parts and repair places around here have disappeared over the years. We are left only with vanilla auto stores that sell chrome license plate frames and the like. They don't stock the nuts, bolts or fittings guys like me need. Most of the auto repair shops around here are incompetent anyway.

welldigger

Thanks welldigger. I can actually braze or solder them myself. I live in an apartment. I work in the parking lot. A lot of the good auto parts and repair places around here have disappeared over the years. We are left only with vanilla auto stores that sell chrome license plate frames and the like. They don't stock the nuts, bolts or fittings guys like me need. Most of the auto repair shops around here are incompetent anyway.
No problem. And I fully agree with you on the auto parts stores. Less and less knowledgeable people work there. If their computer doesn't tell them what to do they are utterly clueless. Literally infuriating.

Dipstick

digger...I wish this rain would let up. I repainted a spare dash plate and I've pre-fabbed it with all new gauges. The new dash is sitting in my living room right now. I'm chomping at the bit to get out there and install it. It would be so cool to take BRUTUS for a spin with gauges I can actually read!!! Whistler baby! I do love that sound. This green machine thing is an addiction. Like your truck mucho by the way.

welldigger

Thank you sir. My truck is a work in progress as is most peoples. This week 2 big things are happening. Rebuilding the steer axle. And 2 I'll be picking up a set of a3 wheels this week so I can mount some 395's. Busy busy. O and a whistler is on the list......the very long list.

welldigger

O and I forgot to mention I will be starting Mark's (handmpaintandbody) thread on bobbing his a3 as soon as we get the darned air ride figured out. We are doing it a bit different than others so the has been a lot of trail and error.....mostly error. But soon enough we will have it riding on bags.

Dipstick

digger... I know all about error. Fortunately for me I'm not as mechanically adventurous as you are. I'm keeping it simple like me. Love my bob just the way he is. Although I did recently install a pair of Ouverson hubs on his steer. What I would like to do long range is swap in a 5 ton multi-fuel engine. Aren't they about 180 to 205 horses? You do that and add a set of 5.47 something diffs and you could have power and speed at the same time!

JasonS

Check out this website. Heaters and other 12/24 volt items.http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/24vodcpr.html

I have the aftermarket heater/AC units that were made to go on the LNTV's....they can be adapeted to the deuce.

PM if interested.
I've been considering one of the 1kW ducted defrosters from this site. Would be nice to have instant heat to defrost the windows instead of waiting for the multi to warm up.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/usa-made-24-volt-ducted-electric-heater.html

DieselBob

I've been considering one of the 1kW ducted defrosters from this site. Would be nice to have instant heat to defrost the windows instead of waiting for the multi to warm up.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/usa-made-24-volt-ducted-electric-heater.html
Thats a pretty neat idea. I kind of like the instant heat idea also. I had thought about this model off and on for the last couple years but just never followed through.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/12-volt-maradyne-cab-heater-12-500-btu.html

Winters have been fairly mild the last two years and really haven't needed one. Not like "09/10" season. Had to scrape the frost off the inside of the windsheild with a credit card while rolling down the road.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks