• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Effects of getting a bobbed deuce vs a 6x6 & diesel fired cab heater?

ShaggyTheGreat

So, i am looking to buy a deuce and the bobbed super single look appeals to me, but it seems you could loose a lot of off road capability in terms of traction, though you gain mpg, lose weight, get a tad more get up and go, what are the main pros/cons of going either way, saw some other posts about this but they didn't really answer my question. Did a quick search on google and didn't find anything in the way of diesel cab heaters that would work with an M35A2, any suggestions?

Last edited:

ShaggyTheGreat

i see arctic fox all over the search results, is this what you talk about? i am finding it kinda hard to believe they make one as i cant seem to find it on the sight

eagle4g63

Believe it or not.......I KNOW 100% sure they made it, I bought a complete kit for my truck......had a 30,000 btu heater that heats the cab, and another 23,000 btu heater that heats the antifreeze, batteries and oil of the motor......also came with all the front blankets(very hard to find) and an entire interior insulation kit.....had a bunch of other parts and pieces that the government thought were needed to put these trucks into the arctic.....basically in the manual states good to -65......

If you scroll down on this very page you will see a heading that says: "similar threads"......you will see multiple threads that will link you to post directly related to the arctic heaters for these trucks......I also know I posted a thread on here about the install of my kit......

eagle4g63

Here is a link to the thread I did.....funny I just noticed re-reading it that I never put any pics of the heater that does the cab, the one sitting in the engine bay....anyway take a look.....http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?78165-winterization-arctic-kits-install

Also IF you find a complete kit like I did.....you can expect to pay in the $2,000 price range for it, they are NOT easy to find complete.

ShaggyTheGreat

where i live it does not get that cold, all i really want is a cab heater, but i would like to get my hands on one of the cab insulation kits as it would deaden noise most definitely.

ShaggyTheGreat

gimpy, thanks for the info, i will keep that in mind but i have not bought my truck yet, i plan to in the following year. atm i am just trying to get these small issues worked over for when i make the purchase.

3dAngus

Just buy one of each, a bobbed deuce and a regular, and try it yourself. They each have something to offer for sure, but you'll never fully understand it or why unless you do it yourself.

Some things you just don't get by reading in a book.

New to posting here....picked up an m35a2 68 kaiser with the turbo Hercules.. had it awhile now and slowly working out the bugs....replaced the lights..master cylinder...installed a hard top...repaired the charging system..now fabricating a bed for it...thinking this might b my new welding rig....coincidentally found a cheaper then dirt way to fix and up grade the alternator

I know this would work better with pics and I'll take some tomorrow to post....found a modified delco style alternator...one wire self energising style...like Dixie...24 volt...$80....on the thick flange side of the alternator where it mounts to the bracket it'll be 2 or so inches thick...using a band saw or hack saw if its all u have remove one inch from the back side...this will allow the use of the existing bracket in its present location....had a hard time finding a double pully for the alternator and the shaft was abit short to work with the one on the original...ended up cutting off the excess shaft from the back of the existing pulley...used red lock tite on the threads of the new alternator just to make sure it stayed put...pulled the bracket off the block of the engine and set it in my vise...used a 4 1/2 grinder and a flap disk to smooth out the old bracket just abit to allow tentioning...

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes sir you are right, V100 axles with lockers front and rear. Yup the goat did, but i think i went a little farther.
Thats right, it did go farther. However, it still can't float......(I was there when the grass gave way to a DEEP ditch)

HN6

Last year at SS in GA. the 2 1/2 ton 6x6's would not go where i went.
Interesting.... so your saying your 4x outperformed the 6x6? I have heard most say the opposite. I do know a 4x4 atv will never come close to 1/2 of what a 6x6 atv can do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks