M35A2 Hood Handle Wanted

Gypsyman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for one of the round stock hood handles for my M35A2. Trying to stay with original parts whenever possible. I know that there are plenty of simple options out there including just bending up my own from U-bolt stock but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Richard

ToddJK

Looking for one of the round stock hood handles for my M35A2. Trying to stay with original parts whenever possible. I know that there are plenty of simple options out there including just bending up my own from U-bolt stock but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Richard
If no one here has one, might be worth a shot to call some of the surplus vendors and see if they take one off another truck for ya.

Gypsyman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That old thread is what caught my attention. My local spring and U-bolt shop used to be great to deal with. Unfortunately they were purchased by a large corporation and have no further interest in dealing with small orders.

I'll shoot you a PM. Just might be worth the shipping if something doesn't pop up state side.

Richard

ToddJK

I found a deuce not far from me. It's just sitting there and has been for quite some time. I found it last year and it's still in the same spot. I think I might head over there when I get a chance and see if he wants to sell anything. If he's willing and has a hood handle on it (I'll check to see if it's original or not) and if so, I'll try to snag it for ya. Hopefully sometime this week.

peashooter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, I replaced my 1988 deuce hood a couple years back with a better condition one from an older donor deuce. The hood handles were not the same and were not interchangeable. The older hood handle was wider and made of thinner material, the ‘88 version was thicker material and not as wide.

Attachments

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
I haven't had a chance to stop by the one guy's place who has a deuce sitting in his yard. My prego wife was due 7-24. The baby has some complications with meconium and she's getting induced now. I probably won't be going out and doing anything for a few weeks.
Best to you and wife and baby.
Hopefully everything works out well.
Keep us posted when you can...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks