• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 on top of Sugarloaf USA!

Towerguy1

As part of my job I sometimes get to go to some interesting places with my deuce! Here we are on top of Sugarloaf USA ski resort in Maine. I had to retreive a Broadcast transmitter for WTOS. A local radio station and bring it down for repairs. Sorry I didnt get pics of the climb itself...... had my hands full......

Attachments

Towerguy1

Notice the damage to the fence arround the tower in the first pic. Its from falling Ice.
In the second Pic you can just make out brine ice forming on the bushes behind the truck. Pics taken on Oct 10 th. Winters comeing!!!

Towman2277

I bet that was an interesting ride!! I would suspect ice and snow would further complicate things. I'm a southern guy, and have only seen snow twice, and I fell down 4 times within 5 feet from trying to walk on ice!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! How high is the paek? I go up to Onyx paek avary once in a while to look thru my telescopes.It's 10.000 feet and a bitchen trail to get there. Looks like your trail, Looks like fun!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those are great shots, man what fun that must have been. Do you have any more shots?

Katch1

So in a situation like this do you get to wait for all the ice to fall from the tower? You couldn't pay me enough for that climb on a good day, let alone with any amount of ice overhead. From what altitude did the ice fall from that crushed the fence?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks