• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 sreering box replacement

marksgarage2

If you read about our pines run sunday you know that nickd broke his steering box. We are going to change it out sat. Anyone that can give us advice on the procedure, we would appreciate it. So, do we have to move the engine over or can we pull the injector pump off? Thanks in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can wiggle it out with the engine and injection pump in place but you have to remove the booster pump from the side of the injection pump. I would take the front engine mount bolts off and the LR engine mount bolt off and lift and rotate the engine on the RR bolt. You should be able to score some extra space that way.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's exactly what I did: lift & turn front of engine to the right. Don't know how much you ( or in Nick's case) can move it before fan hits the radiator shroud. (When I pulled my old box, radiator wasn't in place.)

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks