• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 & trailer tires?

snowplow

I am back to getting new tires on my duce & trailer, had been thinking of going to 900X20 tires & read an article about the M35A3's had 12.5R20 tires, so has anyone had experience with either tire & what are recommendations? I think I can use old wheels for 900X20, how about 12.5R20's? Sure, would appreciate any info as I know little about either?

Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. The M35A3 comes with 14.5R20, not 12.5R20.
2. Either size are MPT-type tires which require special MPT rims. Your stock M35A2 wheels are NOT compatible for those.
3. If you want aggressive, more "modern" tires that will outlast your truck (& trailer) - and keep your stock wheels, go for something like the Goodyear G177 (either 10.00R20 or 11.00R20)

snowplow

Thanks for the responses, I'm guessing the G177's will fit my current wheels?

I will do some checking for cost? I am looking for good tires for the rig radial not necessary as it is not driven much. Just need to replace the 30+ yr old tires prior to moving it to new home in NM.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....... I'm guessing the G177's will fit my current wheels?
Yup, that's what I meant by saying you can keep your stock wheels. (Assuming your current wheels are OEM, of course.)
Just keep in mind that you will also have to replace inner tubes and probably flaps too, if they are that old.

Here is one possible source for 80% mil. surplus G177s in the 11.00R20 size: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264825327502
Freight cost might be an issue, but I'm sure there are other suppliers for the same, in your area.

Gypsyman

You could try Bobby at Gensco Tire. I bought a pile of NOS and 99%+ take-off tires from them. All are dated 2007 or newer with zero sidewall checking. They claim to store them indoors and out of direct sunlight. I see no indication to the contrary. No idea how many they have left after my purchase though.

Gensco Tire

IMG_7243.JPG

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those tires are outside, but covered and on wire pallets.They were mounted, trucks drove to their parking spot and a few weeks later driven to the shop, removed and here they are. I'll get a date code maybe later today.

snowplow

Thanks for all the help, guess I will look for 10 or 11.00's, any reason to pick one size or the other? Any thoughts on the 900X20's folks still using them?
I really wish to find the newest tires at the best price, hope to not have to do this again on this truck, I have another duce in Wa state that I got from depot that has 50 miles on it, will need tires for it also after this finished.

snowplow

Well a bit older than I wanted, how much for 12 & are these w or w/o rims as in mounted tires? I need these for a M35A2C , when replacing the stock tires have folks going back single or duals on back?

Thanks

snowplow

Well a bit older than I wanted, how much for 12 & are these w or w/o rims as in mounted tires? I need these for a M35A2C , when replacing the stock tires have folks going back single or duals on back?

Thanks
Thanks, do not know anything about them, will do some checking, guess they fit on M35A2 wheels?

M35A27707

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Wagner,
I am a newbie Deuce owner (1971 M35A2 W/W), living here in the Antelope Valley in the small town of Rosamond Ca. I work out on Edward’s AFB. My truck is a work in progress and I am looking to upgrade from 900X20s to 1100X20s. So, I am interested in at least 10 of the T831s as a minimum and hopefully 11 if able. I just have to somehow work out reasonable shipping from Monrovia to Rosamond Ca after purchase. Please advise…

thanks in advance for your time…
v/r
Will
(SS: M35A27707)

williamh

Try this link

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Wagner,
I am a newbie Deuce owner (1971 M35A2 W/W), living here in the Antelope Valley in the small town of Rosamond Ca. I work out on Edward’s AFB. My truck is a work in progress and I am looking to upgrade from 900X20s to 1100X20s. So, I am interested in at least 10 of the T831s as a minimum and hopefully 11 if able. I just have to somehow work out reasonable shipping from Monrovia to Rosamond Ca after purchase. Please advise…

thanks in advance for your time…
v/r
Will
(SS: M35A27707)
Sent a PM....conversation, whatever they are called now....Please reply to the message, not in the forums....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks